Complete System Components: $8,295*
* Does not include tax, labor charges, and delivery. Please Contact Us for more information.
This is our most economical tank in terms of dollars per gallon.
Although the 30,000 gallon water tank holds 50% more water than the 20,000 gallon size, it is only six feet wider. The extra capacity provides additional water for more users, animals, or limited agricultural use. This tank package is especially suited for areas with seasonal or intermittent rainfall because it allows for harvesting abundant rain when it’s available. This is the largest tank diameter we offer in the economical 7′ height series. It is the most economical size tank we offer in terms of dollars per gallon. In fact we have installed dual 30,000 gallon water storage tanks in applications requiring 60,000 gallons on site and were gratified in one situation where there was an accident with Tank #1 and it was fixed while Tank #2 maintained the water demands seamlessly. At this time, the overall costs of two 30,000 gallon tank systems is less than one 60,000 gallon water storage tank.
- Capacity: 30,000 gallons
- Dimensions: 27′ 9″ diameter by 7′ 2″ height
- Galvanized Metal Tank Frame: The corrugated metal frame work is triple coated galvanized hardened steel used in culverts that are made to be in contact with earth and water. All the hardware fasteners also are triple coated hot dipped galvanized hardened steel. The hardened galvanized steel is 18 gauge according to engineering specifications issued by the USDA for the different water tank diameters and heights.).
- Galvanized Hardened Tank Hardware: Nuts, bolts and washers.
- Prep and Paint the Tank inside and out with Gripper Galv. metal primer and one coat inside and two coats outside of the quality exterior enamel.
- Foundation Base Bricks: Cement bricks 2″ x 8″ x 16″ are used under the water tank frame to provide a level solid base for the tank and to raise it above ground level.
Liner and Cover
- Reinforced HDPE Liner
The liners are custom made from high density polyethylene. HDPE is FDA and NSA approved for drinking water and is very resistant to UV damage. Unlike conventional vinyl, HDPE does not shrink or get brittle and crack over time. The molecules in high density polyethylene fabric are tightly knit which has the advantage of light weight relative to strength. Black HDPE liners are much more resistant to sun damage and remain more flexible over time then single layer low density fabrics like vinyl whose molecules create taste and smell in the water. Our patented reinforced HDPE tank liner fabric is exceptionally strong because it is made like plywood with layers in opposite directions. The fabric includes a mesh layer of nylon every 1/4″ in both directions which substantially increases the burst and tear strength. Reinforced HDPE liners have exceptional durability and commonly have a service life of 15 to 20 years in Hawaii.
- Premium Mesh Cover with Flat Cover Support System : This tank system includes our Premium Mesh Cover with Flat Cover Support System. The Premium Mesh Covers are sewn with a reinforced hem and solid brass grommets for the installation. The Flat Cover Support System for this size tank uses 2 cables lines of vinyl covered aircraft cable across the top of the tank and attached to the side with stainless steel turnbuckles etc. This cable system would keep the cover from excessive sagging and preserve its longevity. We offer other types of cover support systems. See Water Tank Covers.
- S-80/Brass Plumbing Kit includes all necessary pipe, fittings and the valve control box (We recommend, supply and install the best quality plumbing parts available. This plumbing kit goes from the exit at the bottom of the tank to a 1.5” brass ball valve in a valve control box just outside the tank. The purpose of this plumbing kit is for the water supply to the pump.).
- Basic overflow system (The overflow system provided in this package consists of: Two 1.5” PVC pipes that run from the top of the tank down to the ground on the tank exterior and terminate away from the foundation. Depending on roof size and rainfall this overflow system doesn’t keep the tank from overflowing during times of intense rain. EPM offers larger overflow systems (Rain Catchment Systems) that can handle intense rain without overflowing.).
The location of the tank and water system are different for each house site so parts of the water system outside of the tank must be specifically designed and implemented accordingly.
- The pipes and fittings for the outside of the tank to the domestic house supply.
- The pipes and fittings from the house gutters down to the ground and underground to the tank to the “stub outs” at the tank.
- Site preparation, gravel and sand for tank foundation.
- Labor costs for installation.
- Young Brothers freight and delivery to site.
Once the water tank site is properly leveled and graveled a team of installers can put up the water tank metal framework on one day. On another day it can be painted by EPM or the owner and on the final day, the liner, tank exit plumbing, cover and overflow system can be installed and the supply to the tank finished. The optional EcoClean rainwater harvesting system and any of our pump systems are installed after the liner is installed and before the cover is done. The labor amounts can be accurately known in advance. On another day it can be painted by EPM or the owner and the final stage is the installation of the liner.
Planning and design consultation is available please Contact Us.
- A level 30′ diameter properly prepared site.
- When the tank is completed, water is needed to seat and test the tank liner.